Section 3701.072 | Information regarding free clinics.
(A) As used in this section, "free clinic" has the same meaning as in section 3701.071 of the Revised Code.
(B) The department of health, on its internet web site, shall make information available regarding free clinics. The information shall include all of the following:
(1) A description of what constitutes a free clinic;
(2) The benefits that free clinics provide to the state's health care system, including the services they make available to both patients and health care providers;
(3) A directory of free clinics, including for each clinic its address and contact information and its hours of operation;
(4) A notice each time that a new free clinic is opened.
(C) Each year, the department shall promote the designation under section 5.252 of the Revised Code of December as "Free Clinic Appreciation Month." The promotion shall include the selection of a free clinic to be named as "free clinic of the year" and the selection of a physician, nurse, and dentist to be named as "free clinic volunteer of the year" in the respective professions.
In conducting its promotion activities, the department may consult with entities that have interests in the services provided by and the benefits of free clinics, including the Ohio association of free clinics.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 23, 2015 – House Bill 320, 130th General Assembly [ View March 23, 2015 Version ]