Section 3701.138 | Influenza information for older adults.
(A) As used in this section, "older adult" means an individual who is sixty years of age or older.
(B) The department of health shall prepare an influenza vaccine information sheet that pertains to older adults. The information sheet shall contain all of the following:
(1) A description of influenza, including its causes, symptoms, and methods of transmission;
(2) A discussion of the health risks that influenza poses to older adults;
(3) A discussion of the influenza vaccine, including its availability, the methods of administration, and its effectiveness in preventing influenza and lessening symptoms and complications of influenza;
(4) A recommendation that each older adult consult with a health care professional to determine whether annual vaccination against influenza is appropriate for the older adult.
(C) The information sheet may contain any other information regarding influenza and the influenza vaccine that the department considers necessary, including the following:
(1) The rates of influenza-associated hospitalizations and deaths among older adults;
(2) The benefits to older adults from annual vaccination against influenza, especially to those living in close proximity to other older adults;
(3) The entities, facilities, or health care professionals providing influenza vaccinations to older adults.
(D) The department shall periodically review and update the information sheet. The department shall make the information sheet available on its internet web site in a format suitable for printing.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 21, 2017 – Enacted by Senate Bill 311 - 131st General Assembly [ View March 21, 2017 Version ]