Section 3701.69 | Down syndrome information sheet.
(A)(1) The department of health shall create a Down syndrome information sheet that includes all of the following:
(a) A description of Down syndrome, including its causes, effects on development, and potential complications;
(b) Diagnostic tests;
(c) Options for treatment and therapy;
(d) Contact information for local, state, and national organizations that provide Down syndrome educational and support services and programs.
(2) With respect to the medical information included in the information sheet, the department shall include only information that is current and based on medical evidence.
(3) The department shall periodically review and update the information sheet and shall make it available on the department's internet web site.
(B) If a patient under the care of any of the following health care professionals or facilities receives either a test result indicating Down syndrome or a prenatal or postnatal diagnosis of Down syndrome, the health care professional or facility shall provide to the patient or the patient's representative a copy of the information sheet created under division (A) of this section:
(1) A physician authorized under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery;
(2) A certified nurse-midwife who holds a certificate of authority issued under Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code;
(3) A genetic counselor licensed under Chapter 4778. of the Revised Code;
(4) A hospital registered under section 3701.07 of the Revised Code;
(5) A maternity unit, newborn care nursery, or maternity home licensed under Chapter 3711. of the Revised Code;
(6) A freestanding birthing center licensed under section 3702.30 of the Revised Code.
Last updated August 16, 2021 at 3:04 PM