Section 3701.928 | Development of curricula.
(A) The director of health shall collaborate with medical, nursing, and physician assistant schools or programs in this state to develop appropriate curricula designed to prepare primary care physicians, advanced practice registered nurses, and physician assistants to practice within the patient centered medical home model of care. In developing the curricula, the director and the schools or programs shall include all of the following:
(1) Components for use at the medical student, advanced practice registered nursing student, physician assistant student, and primary care resident training levels;
(2) Components that reflect, as appropriate, the special needs of patients who are part of a medically underserved population, including medicaid recipients, individuals without health insurance, individuals with disabilities, individuals with chronic health conditions, and individuals within racial or ethnic minority groups;
(3) Components that include training in interdisciplinary cooperation between physicians, advanced practice registered nurses, and physician assistants in the patient centered medical home model of care, including curricula ensuring that a common conception of a patient centered medical home model of care is provided to medical students, advanced practice registered nurses, physician assistants, and primary care residents ;
(4) Components that include training in preconception care and family planning.
(B) The director may work in association with the medical, nursing, and physician assistant schools or programs to identify funding sources to ensure that the curricula developed under division (A) of this section are accessible to medical students, advanced practice registered nursing students, physician assistant students, and primary care residents. The director shall consider scholarship options or incentives provided to students in addition to those provided under the choose Ohio first scholarship program operated under section 3333.61 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 20, 2013 – House Bill 303 - 129th General Assembly [ View March 20, 2013 Version ]
- April 6, 2017 – Amended by Senate Bill 332 - 131st General Assembly [ View April 6, 2017 Version ]