Section 3702.511 | Reviewable activities relating to long-term care facilities.
(1) Establishment, development, or construction of a new long-term care facility;
(2) Replacement of an existing long-term care facility;
(3) Renovation of or addition to a long-term care facility that involves a capital expenditure of four million dollars or more, not including expenditures for equipment, staffing, or operational costs;
(4) An increase in long-term care bed capacity;
(5) A relocation of long-term care beds from one physical facility or site to another, excluding relocation of beds within a long-term care facility or among buildings of a long-term care facility at the same site;
(6) Expenditure of more than one hundred ten per cent of the maximum expenditure specified in a certificate of need concerning long-term care beds;
(7) Any failure to conduct a reviewable activity in substantial accordance with the approved application for which a certificate of need was granted, including a change in the site, if the failure occurs within five years after implementation of the reviewable activity for which the certificate was granted.
(1) Acquisition of computer hardware or software;
(2) Acquisition of a telephone system;
(3) Construction or acquisition of parking facilities;
(4) Correction of cited deficiencies that constitute an imminent threat to public health or safety and are in violation of federal, state, or local fire, building, or safety statutes, ordinances, rules, or regulations;
(5) Acquisition of an existing long-term care facility that does not involve a change in the number of the beds;
(6) Mergers, consolidations, or other corporate reorganizations of long-term care facilities that do not involve a change in the number of beds;
(7) Construction, repair, or renovation of bathroom facilities;
(8) Construction of laundry facilities, waste disposal facilities, dietary department projects, heating and air conditioning projects, administrative offices, and portions of medical office buildings used exclusively for physician services;
(9) Removal of asbestos from a health care facility.
Only that portion of a project that is described in this division is not reviewable.
Last updated August 16, 2021 at 3:54 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 15, 2014 – House Bill 483, 130th General Assembly [ View September 15, 2014 Version ]
- September 28, 2016 – House Bill 390, 131st General Assembly [ View September 28, 2016 Version ]
- March 21, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 470, 131st General Assembly [ View March 21, 2017 Version ]
- September 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 110, 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]