Section 3702.987 | Chiropractic loan repayment advisory board.
(A) There is hereby created the chiropractic loan repayment advisory board. The board shall consist of the following members:
(1) One member of the house of representatives, appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives;
(2) One member of the senate, appointed by the president of the senate;
(3) A representative of the department of higher education, appointed by the chancellor;
(4) The director of health or an employee of the department of health designated by the director;
(5) Three representatives of the chiropractic profession, appointed by the governor.
(B) Initial appointments shall be made not later than ninety days after the effective date of this section. Of the initial appointments made by the governor, two members shall serve a term of one year and one member shall serve a term of two years. The member initially appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives shall serve a term of one year. The member initially appointed by the senate president shall serve a term of two years. Thereafter, terms of office of all appointed members shall be two years. Each member shall hold office from the date of appointment until the end of the term for which the member was appointed, except that a legislative member ceases to be a member of the board on ceasing to be a member of the general assembly. No person shall be appointed to the board for more than two consecutive terms.
Vacancies shall be filled in the manner prescribed for the original appointment. A member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which the member's predecessor was appointed shall hold office for the remainder of that term. A member shall continue in office subsequent to the expiration of the member's term until a successor takes office or until sixty days have elapsed, whichever occurs first.
The governor, speaker, or president may remove a member for whom the governor, speaker, or president was the appointing authority, for misfeasance, malfeasance, or willful neglect of duty.
The board shall designate a member to serve as chairperson of the board.
The board shall meet at least once annually. The chairperson shall call special meetings as needed or upon the request of four members.
Four members of the board constitute a quorum to transact and vote on all business coming before the board.
Members of the board shall serve without compensation.
The department of health shall provide the board with staff assistance as requested by the board.
Available Versions of this Section
- November 22, 2020 – Enacted by House Bill 151 - 133rd General Assembly [ View November 22, 2020 Version ]