Section 3711.05 | Requirements for license - issuance - notice.
(A) The director of health shall review all applications received under section 3711.04 of the Revised Code. On receipt of a complete application, the director shall send a copy of the application to the board of health of the city or general health district in which the maternity unit, newborn care nursery, or maternity home is to be operated.
Unless the board finds that an applicant is not in compliance with an applicable health regulation adopted by the board, the board shall approve the application. The board shall notify the director of its determination to approve or disapprove the application. If the board does not notify the director of its determination by the end of the thirtieth day after the board receives the copy of the application, the application is deemed to have been approved by the board.
(B) The director shall issue a license to an applicant if all of the following requirements are met:
(1) The board of health approves the application or the application is deemed to have been approved;
(2) The applicant meets the standards specified in rules adopted under section 3711.12 of the Revised Code;
(3) The applicant passes the inspection required by section 3711.06 of the Revised Code.
(C) On issuance of a license, the director shall notify the board of health to which the application was sent under division (A) of this section. In the notice, the director shall specify the terms that apply to the license.
Last updated August 18, 2021 at 11:29 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 1, 2008 – Amended by House Bill 331 - 127th General Assembly [ View September 1, 2008 Version ]
- September 30, 2024 – Amended by House Bill 110 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2024 Version ]