Section 3717.03 | Council meetings - duties.
(A) The retail food safety advisory council shall meet as necessary to fulfill its duties, which include all the following:
(1) Making recommendations for the Ohio uniform food safety code;
(2) Examining specific food safety issues raised by the director of agriculture or director of health and making recommendations regarding those issues;
(3) Mediating unresolved issues among state agencies about the interpretation of rules adopted under this chapter and making recommendations regarding the issues;
(4) Reviewing all comments on and requests for interpretation of the Ohio uniform food safety code, as submitted by any holder of a license issued under this chapter or any other person or government entity;
(5) Making recommendations to the director of agriculture and director of health for use in issuing joint letters of opinion pursuant to section 3717.041 of the Revised Code;
(6) Making recommendations to the director of agriculture and director of health with respect to improving the food safety awareness of consumers and their confidence in the state's food supply;
(7) Making recommendations to the director of agriculture and director of health regarding the licensing categories and inspection frequencies to be used in regulating retail food establishments and food service operations;
(8) Making recommendations to the director of health with respect to the program for certification of individuals in food protection and approval of courses in food protection.
(B) The council shall hold a meeting at the request of the director of agriculture, at the request of the director of health, or on written request of three or more voting members of the council.
(C) In fulfilling its duties under division (A)(4) of this section, the council shall accept comments and requests regardless of whether they are made publicly or anonymously. For purposes of accepting comments and requests at times other than council meetings, the council shall maintain and publicize a mailing address.
Available Versions of this Section
- November 21, 2001 – Senate Bill 136, 124th General Assembly [ View November 21, 2001 Version ]