Section 3721.69 | Video-conference visitation.
(A) As used in this section, "long-term care facility" means all of the following:
(1) A home, as defined in section 3721.10 of the Revised Code;
(2) A residential facility licensed by the department of mental health and addiction services under section 5119.34 of the Revised Code;
(3) A residential facility licensed by the department of developmental disabilities under section 5123.19 of the Revised Code;
(4) A facility operated by a hospice care program licensed by the department of health under Chapter 3712. of the Revised Code that is used exclusively for care of hospice patients or any other facility in which a hospice care program provides care for hospice patients.
(B) During any declared disaster, epidemic, pandemic, public health emergency, or public safety emergency, each long-term care facility shall provide residents and their families with a video-conference visitation option if the governor, the director of health, other government official or entity, or the long-term care facility determines that allowing in-person visits at the facility would create a risk to the health of the residents.
Last updated January 27, 2022 at 3:11 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- March 23, 2022 – Enacted by House Bill 122 - 134th General Assembly [ View March 23, 2022 Version ]