Section 3722.01 | Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(A) "Children's hospital" means either of the following:
(1) A hospital that provides general pediatric medical and surgical care in which at least seventy-five per cent of annual inpatient discharges for the preceding two calendar years were individuals less than eighteen years of age;
(2) A distinct portion of a hospital that provides general pediatric medical and surgical care, has a total of at least one hundred fifty pediatric special care and pediatric acute care beds, and in which at least seventy-five per cent of annual inpatient discharges for the preceding two calendar years were individuals less than eighteen years of age.
(B) "Health care service" means any of the following:
(1) Pediatric intensive care;
(2) Solid organ and bone marrow transplantation;
(3) Stem cell harvesting and reinfusion;
(4) Cardiac catheterization;
(5) Open heart surgery;
(6) Operation of linear accelerators;
(7) Operation of cobalt radiation therapy units;
(8) Operation of gamma knives.
(C) "Hospital" means an institution or facility that provides inpatient medical or surgical services for a continuous period longer than twenty-four hours. "Hospital" includes a children's hospital.
(D) "Political subdivision" means a county, township, municipal corporation, or other body corporate and politic responsible for governmental activities in a geographic area smaller than that of the state.
(E) "State university" has the same meaning as in section 3345.12 of the Revised Code.
Last updated October 19, 2021 at 5:24 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 30, 2021 – Enacted by House Bill 110 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]