Section 3736.02 | Statewide source reduction, recycling, recycling market development and litter prevention programs.
(A) The director of environmental protection shall establish and implement statewide source reduction, recycling, recycling market development, and litter prevention programs that are consistent with the state solid waste management plan adopted under section 3734.50 of the Revised Code. The programs shall include all of the following:
(1) The assessment of waste generation within the state and implementation of source reduction practices;
(2) The implementation of recycling and recycling market development activities and projects, including all of the following:
(a) Collection of recyclables;
(b) Separation of recyclables;
(c) Processing of recyclables;
(d) Facilitation and encouragement of the use of recyclables and products made with recyclables;
(e) Education and training concerning recycling and products manufactured with recyclables;
(f) Public awareness campaigns to promote recycling;
(g) Other activities and projects that promote recycling and recycling market development.
(3) Litter prevention assistance to enforce antilitter laws, educate the public, and stimulate collection and containment of litter;
(4) Research and development regarding source reduction, recycling, and litter prevention, including, without limitation, research and development regarding materials or products manufactured with recyclables.
(B) The director may enter into contracts or other agreements and may execute any instruments necessary or incidental to the discharge of the director's responsibilities under this chapter.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 10, 2012 – House Bill 487 - 129th General Assembly [ View September 10, 2012 Version ]