Section 3742.07 | Duties of contractor before commencing project.
(A) Prior to engaging in any lead abatement project on a residential unit, child care facility, or school, the lead abatement contractor primarily responsible for the project shall do all of the following:
(1) Prepare a written respiratory protection plan that meets requirements established by rule adopted under section 3742.03 of the Revised Code and make the plan available to the department of health and all lead abatement workers at the project site;
(2) Ensure that each lead abatement worker who is or will be involved in a lead abatement project has been examined by a licensed physician within the preceding calendar year and has been declared by the physician to be physically capable of working while wearing a respirator;
(3) Ensure that each employee or agent who will come in contact with lead hazards or will be responsible for a lead abatement project receives a license and appropriate training as required by this chapter before engaging in a lead abatement project;
(4) At least ten days prior to the commencement of a project, notify the department of health, on a form prescribed by the director of health, of the date a lead abatement project will commence.
(B) During each lead abatement project, the lead abatement contractor primarily responsible for the project shall ensure that all persons involved in the project follow the worker protection standards established under 29 C.F.R. 1926.62 by the United States occupational safety and health administration.
Available Versions of this Section
- May 18, 2005 – House Bill 11, 125th General Assembly [ View May 18, 2005 Version ]