Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 3743.46 | Fireworks sales to out-of-state residents.


(A) Except as otherwise provided in section 3743.44 or 3743.45 of the Revised Code, no licensed manufacturer or licensed wholesaler shall sell fireworks to a person who resides in another state unless one of the following applies:

(1) The person has been issued a license or permit in the state of the person's residence that authorizes the person to engage in the manufacture, wholesale sale, or retail sale of fireworks in that state or that authorizes the person to conduct fireworks exhibitions in that state and that person presents a certified copy of the license.

(2) If the person does not possess a license or permit described in division (A)(1) of this section, the person presents a current, valid motor vehicle operator's license issued to the person in the person's state of residence.

(3) If the person does not possess a license or permit issued in that state as described in division (A)(1) or (2) of this section, the person presents an identification card issued to the person by a governmental agency in the person's state of residence indicating that the person is a resident of that state.

(B) If a person who is required to present a motor vehicle operator's license or other identification card intends to transport the fireworks purchased directly out of this state by a motor vehicle and the person will not also be the operator of that motor vehicle while so transporting the fireworks, the operator of the motor vehicle also shall present the operator's motor vehicle operator's license.

Last updated December 9, 2021 at 4:15 PM

Available Versions of this Section