Section 3753.03 | Owner or operator to submit risk management plan.
(A) Effective upon the date that the United States environmental protection agency delegates the program created under section 112(r) of the Clean Air Act Amendments to the environmental protection agency of this state, an owner or operator of a stationary source that has a covered process shall develop and submit a risk management plan no later than the latest of the following:
(1) Not later than ten days after the notice of delegation of the program to the state appears in the federal register, or ten days after the effective date of this amendment, whichever occurs later;
(2) The date on which a regulated substance is first present above a threshold quantity in a process at the stationary source;
(3) Three years after the date on which a regulated substance at the stationary source is first listed under 40 C.F.R. 68.130.
(B) An owner or operator who is subject to division (A) of this section shall submit a single risk management plan that reflects all covered processes at the stationary source by the applicable deadline established under that division and that is in the form required by the director of environmental protection in rules adopted under section 3753.02 of the Revised Code. The risk management plan shall include all of the following, as applicable:
(1) A registration that reflects all covered processes at the stationary source pursuant to 40 C.F.R. 68.160;
(2) The applicable information required to be submitted with the plan under section 3753.04 of the Revised Code;
(3) A summary of the actions taken to comply with all of the other applicable requirements established under section 3753.04 of the Revised Code.
(C) An owner or operator who has submitted a risk management plan as required by division (A) of this section or submitted an update to a risk management plan under division (C) of this section shall revise, update, and submit the risk management plan in accordance with whichever of the following is applicable:
(1) Not later than five years after the initial submission of the risk management plan under division (A) of this section;
(2) Not later than five years after the most recent update of the risk management plan submitted under division (C) of this section;
(3) As otherwise provided in rules adopted by the director under section 3753.02 of the Revised Code.
(D) No owner or operator who is required to submit, revise, or update a risk management plan shall fail to do so within the prescribed time.
(E) An owner or operator who is required to submit a risk management plan and who knowingly makes a false statement in the plan, on a record upon which information in the plan is based, or on or pertaining to any other information or records required to be maintained under this chapter or rules adopted under it is guilty of falsification under section 2921.13 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- June 30, 1999 – House Bill 283 - 123rd General Assembly [ View June 30, 1999 Version ]