Section 3770.25 | Conduct of lottery sports gaming.
(A) The state lottery commission shall offer lottery sports gaming only at type C sports gaming hosts' facilities on self-service or clerk-operated terminals, and only to individuals who are at least twenty-one years of age and who are physically present on the premises of the facility.
(B) All of the following apply concerning lottery sports gaming:
(1) If a type C sports gaming proprietor intends to install more than two terminals in any type C sports gaming host's facility, the type C sports gaming proprietor shall notify the Ohio casino control commission of that fact not later than seven days before installing the additional terminals. The commission may disallow the installation of more than two terminals in the facility, in accordance with the commission's rules.
(2) The self-service terminal or the clerk, as applicable, shall verify that the lottery sports gaming participant is at least twenty-one years of age.
(3) A type C sports gaming proprietor may offer only the following types of wagers on sporting events, as approved by the Ohio casino control commission:
(a) Spread wagers;
(b) Over-under wagers;
(c) Moneyline wagers;
(d) Parlay wagers that are based on not more than four component wagers.
(4) A self-service terminal or clerk shall accept wagers only by cash, credit card, debit card, or electronic payment account. As used in this section, "electronic payment account" means an account maintained with a third party for purposes of making electronic payments, such as paypal, google pay, or apple pay, that is intended for general use and not only for sports gaming purposes.
(5) A self-service terminal or clerk shall not accept wagers aggregating more than seven hundred dollars in a calendar week from any one participant.
(6) The rules of the Ohio casino control commission and the state lottery commission concerning lottery sports gaming shall apply identically in all applicable respects to lottery sports gaming offered on a self-service terminal and to lottery sports gaming offered on a clerk-operated terminal.
(C)(1) A participant whose winnings from lottery sports gaming are of an amount that is not subject to withholding under section 718.031, 3770.071, 3770.072, or 3770.073 of the Revised Code may receive the participant's winnings by any of the following methods:
(a) As a credit to the participant's credit card, debit card, or electronic payment account.
(b) In cash from any type C sports gaming host;
(c) By any additional method permitted by the state lottery commission by rule.
(2) A participant whose winnings from lottery sports gaming are of an amount that is subject to withholding under section 718.031, 3770.071, 3770.072, or 3770.073 of the Revised Code may receive the participant's winnings in the same manner as any other lottery prize award of an amount that is subject to withholding under those sections.
Last updated February 14, 2022 at 3:43 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- March 23, 2022 – Enacted by House Bill 29 - 134th General Assembly [ View March 23, 2022 Version ]