Section 3791.041 | Fire protection systems.
(A) The board of building standards shall maintain a current list of individuals certified under section 3781.105 of the Revised Code and shall ensure that municipal, township, or county building departments certified under division (E) of section 3781.10 of the Revised Code have a current copy of the list.
(B) The rules adopted under section 3791.04 of the Revised Code by the board of building standards or the legislative authority of a municipal corporation, county, or township pertaining to the submission of plans and specifications and to the processing of them by the respective building departments shall:
(1) Provide that plans and specifications for fire protection systems, when submitted under the signature of an individual certified under section 3781.105 of the Revised Code, shall be processed in the same manner as plans and specifications submitted under the signature of a professional engineer registered under Chapter 4733. of the Revised Code or an architect registered under Chapter 4703. of the Revised Code;
(2) Subject to section 3791.042 of the Revised Code, provide that plans and specifications for fire protection systems, if certified by a registered architect or professional engineer or individual certified under section 3781.105 of the Revised Code as conforming to requirements adopted by the board of building standards under Chapters 3781. and 3791. of the Revised Code pertaining to design loads, stresses, strength, stability, or other requirements involving technical design analysis, shall be examined by the building department official only to the extent necessary to determine conformity of such plans with other requirements adopted by the board under Chapters 3781. and 3791. of the Revised Code;
(3) Where supervision of the installation of fire protection systems is required, permit supervision by a person certified under section 3781.105 of the Revised Code in lieu of supervision by a registered architect or professional engineer;
(4) Not require an individual certified under section 3781.105 of the Revised Code to include in any submission of plans and specifications for a fire protection system any statistical data, reports, explanations, plan descriptions, or information that would not also be required for a similar submission by a professional engineer or registered architect.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 26, 1996 – Senate Bill 293 - 121st General Assembly [ View September 26, 1996 Version ]