Section 3792.04 | Public schools and state institutions of higher education - prohibition against mandatory vaccinations and discrimination.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Public school" means any of the following: a city, local, exempted village, or joint vocational school district; community school established under Chapter 3314. of the Revised Code; STEM school established under Chapter 3326. of the Revised Code; or college-preparatory boarding school established under Chapter 3328. of the Revised Code.
(2) "State institution of higher education" has the same meaning as in section 3345.011 of the Revised Code.
(B) Notwithstanding any conflicting provision of the Revised Code, a public school or state institution of higher education shall not do either of the following:
(1) Require an individual to receive a vaccine for which the United States food and drug administration has not granted full approval;
(2) Discriminate against an individual who has not received a vaccine described in division (B)(1) of this section, including by requiring the individual to engage in or refrain from engaging in activities or precautions that differ from the activities or precautions of an individual who has received such a vaccine.
(C) This section does not apply to a hospital or other health care facility that is owned or operated by, or affiliated with, a state institution of higher education.
Last updated July 15, 2021 at 5:04 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- October 13, 2021 – Enacted by House Bill 244 - 134th General Assembly [ View October 13, 2021 Version ]