Section 3795.01 | Assisted suicide definitions.
(A) "Assist suicide" or "assisting suicide" means knowingly doing either of the following, with the purpose of helping another person to commit or attempt suicide:
(1) Providing the physical means by which the person commits or attempts to commit suicide;
(2) Participating in a physical act by which the person commits or attempts to commit suicide.
(B) "Certified nurse practitioner," "certified nurse-midwife," and "clinical nurse specialist" have the same meanings as in section 4723.01 of the Revised Code.
(C) "CPR" has the same meaning as in section 2133.21 of the Revised Code.
(D) "Health care" means any care, treatment, service, or procedure to maintain, diagnose, or treat a person's physical or mental condition.
(E) "Health care decision" means informed consent, refusal to give informed consent, or withdrawal of informed consent to health care.
(F) "Health care facility" means any of the following:
(1) A hospital;
(2) A hospice care program or pediatric respite care program as defined in section 3712.01 of the Revised Code;
(3) A nursing home;
(4) A home health agency;
(5) An intermediate care facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
(G) "Health care personnel" means physicians, nurses, physician assistants, emergency medical technicians-basic, emergency medical technicians-intermediate, emergency medical technicians-paramedic, medical technicians, dietitians, other authorized persons acting under the direction of an attending physician, and administrators of health care facilities.
(H) "Physician" means a person who is authorized under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59 - 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]