Section 3903.06 | Duty of persons exercising control to cooperate with superintendent.
(A) Any officer, manager, director, trustee, owner, employee, or agent of any insurer, or any other persons with authority over or in charge of any segment of the insurer's affairs, shall cooperate with the superintendent of insurance in any proceeding under sections 3903.01 to 3903.59 of the Revised Code or any investigation preliminary to the proceeding. The term "person" as used in this section includes, but is not limited to, any person who exercises control directly or indirectly over activities of an insurer through any holding company or other affiliate of the insurer. "To cooperate" includes, but is not limited to, a duty to do both of the following:
(1) Reply promptly in writing to any inquiry from the superintendent requesting such a reply;
(2) Make available to the superintendent any books, accounts, documents, or other records or information or property of or pertaining to the insurer and in the person's possession, custody, or control.
(B) No person shall fail to cooperate with the superintendent as required under division (A) of this section.
(C) No person shall obstruct or interfere with the superintendent in the conduct of any delinquency proceeding or any investigation preliminary or incidental thereto or violate an order of the superintendent issued under sections 3903.01 to 3903.59 of the Revised Code.
(D) If the superintendent finds, after proceedings in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, that any person has violated division (B) or (C) of this section, the superintendent may do either or both of the following:
(1) Impose a civil penalty not to exceed ten thousand dollars;
(2) Suspend, revoke, or refuse to renew any license or certificate issued to the person under Title XVII or XXXIX of the Revised Code.
(E) Nothing in this section shall be construed to abridge otherwise existing legal rights, including the right to resist a complaint for liquidation or other delinquency proceedings, or other orders.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 7, 1983 – House Bill 830, 114th General Assembly [ View March 7, 1983 Version ]