Section 3903.19 | Effect of liquidation order on policies.
(A) All policies, other than life or health insurance or annuities, in effect at the time of issuance of an order of liquidation shall continue in force only for the lesser of any of the following:
(1) A period of thirty days from the date of entry of the liquidation order;
(2) The expiration of the policy coverage;
(3) The date when the insured has replaced the insurance coverage with equivalent insurance in another insurer or otherwise terminated the policy;
(4) The liquidator has effected a transfer of the policy obligation pursuant to division (A)(8) of section 3903.21 of the Revised Code.
(B) An order of liquidation under section 3903.18 of the Revised Code terminates coverages at the time specified in division (A) of this section for purposes of any other section of the Revised Code.
(C) Policies of life or health insurance or annuities shall continue in force for such period and under such terms as is provided for by any applicable guaranty association or foreign guaranty association.
(D) Policies of life or health insurance or annuities or any period or coverage of such policies not covered by a guaranty association or foreign guaranty association shall terminate under divisions (A) and (B) of this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 7, 1983 – House Bill 830, 114th General Assembly [ View March 7, 1983 Version ]