Section 3904.02 | Applicability of chapter.
(A) The obligations of sections 3904.01 to 3904.22 of the Revised Code apply to those insurance institutions, agents, or insurance support organizations that, on or after the effective date of these sections, do either of the following:
(1) Collect, receive, or maintain information in connection with insurance transactions that pertains to natural persons who are residents of this state;
(2) Engage in insurance transactions with applicants, individuals, or policyholders who are residents of this state.
(1) Natural persons who are the subject of information collected, received, or maintained in connection with insurance transactions;
(2) Applicants, individuals, or policyholders who engage in or seek to engage in insurance transactions.
(C) For purposes of this section, a person is considered a resident of this state if the person's last known mailing address, as shown in the records of the insurance institution, agent, or insurance support organization, is located in this state.
Available Versions of this Section
- June 29, 1995 – House Bill 329, 120th General Assembly [ View June 29, 1995 Version ]