Section 3921.16 | Contractual benefits provided by society.
(A) A fraternal benefit society may provide any of the following contractual benefits in any form:
(1) Death benefits;
(2) Endowment benefits;
(3) Annuity benefits;
(4) Temporary or permanent disability benefits;
(5) Hospital, medical, or nursing benefits;
(6) Monument or tombstone benefits to the memory of deceased members;
(7) Any other benefit that may be provided by a life insurer and that is not inconsistent with this chapter, if the provision of that benefit has received the prior approval of the superintendent of insurance.
(B) A society shall specify in its rules those persons who may be issued, or covered by, the contractual benefits set forth in division (A) of this section, consistent with providing benefits to members and their dependents. A society may, upon application of an adult member, provide benefits on the lives of children under the minimum age for adult membership.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 1, 1997 – House Bill 468, 121st General Assembly [ View January 1, 1997 Version ]