Section 3924.033 | Information disclosed by carrier to employer.
(A) Each carrier, in connection with the offering of a health benefit plan to a small employer, shall disclose to the employer, as part of its solicitation and sales materials, the following information:
(1) The provisions of the plan concerning the carrier's right to change premium rates and the factors that may affect changes in premium rates;
(2) The provisions of the plan relating to renewability of coverage;
(3) The provisions of the plan relating to any pre-existing condition exclusion;
(4) The benefits and premiums available under all health benefit plans for which the employer is qualified.
(B) The information described in division (A) of this section shall be provided in a manner determined to be understandable by the average small employer, and in a manner sufficient to reasonably inform a small employer regarding the employer's rights and obligations under the health benefit plan.
(C) Nothing in this section requires a carrier to disclose any information that is by law proprietary and trade secret information.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 22, 1999 – House Bill 698, 122nd General Assembly [ View March 22, 1999 Version ]