Section 4104.34 | Historical boilers licensing board - powers and duties.
The historical boilers licensing board shall do all of the following:
(A) Adopt rules concerning all of the following:
(1) Criteria that inspectors of historical boilers shall utilize in determining the safe operation of historical boilers;
(2) Procedures for the inspection of historical boilers;
(3) The standards for riveted or welded repairs or alterations made to historical boilers;
(4) Standards and procedures for the revocation of a historical boiler operator's license, which shall include an opportunity for appeal and hearing in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code;
(5) Standards for requalifying for a license after revocation of a license;
(6) Standards and procedures for conducting hydrostatic tests, and requirements for reporting the results of those tests to the board, as required under division (F) of section 4104.36 of the Revised Code;
(7) Standards for the public display and operation of historical boilers in this state by historical boiler operators who reside outside of this state.
(B) Issue triennial certificates of operation for historical boilers that pass the inspection required under section 4104.36 of the Revised Code;
(C) Conduct hearings in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code for any person who appeals a decision made by an inspector regarding whether the person should be denied a certificate of operation for the person's historical boiler;
(D) Establish a fee for the inspection of historical boilers conducted pursuant to division (B) of section 4104.36 of the Revised Code in an amount sufficient to reimburse the department of commerce for the cost of conducting those inspections;
(E) Reimburse the department of commerce for the cost of inspections performed by the division of boiler inspection pursuant to section 4104.36 of the Revised Code;
(F) Issue licenses to operate historical boilers in public to persons who meet the requirements of section 4104.35 of the Revised Code;
(G) Grant approval of historical boiler operator's courses as the board determines appropriate;
(H) Grant approval of written or verbal examinations that are developed to test competence in operating historical boilers;
(J) For purposes of inspection criteria adopted by the board pursuant to division (A)(1) of this section, establish the criteria based upon the manufacturing standards for safe operation that are established by the various manufacturers of historical boilers;
(K) Appoint safety committees to conduct the hydrostatic tests required under division (F) of section 4104.36 of the Revised Code;
(L) Establish requirements for the minimum amount of liability insurance that an owner of historical boilers shall carry on each historical boiler operated in public that the owner owns, if the board determines that a minimum amount should be established.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 24, 2002 – House Bill 344 - 124th General Assembly [ View October 24, 2002 Version ]
- April 12, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 442 - 133rd General Assembly [ View April 12, 2021 Version ]
- September 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 110 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]