Section 4117.24 | Training and publications fund.
(A) The training, publications, and grants fund is hereby created in the state treasury. The state employment relations board shall deposit into the training, publications, and grants fund all moneys received from the following sources:
(1) Payments received by the state employment relations board for copies of documents, rulebooks, and other publications;
(2) Fees received from seminar participants;
(3) Receipts from the sale of clearinghouse data;
(4) Moneys received from grants, donations, awards, bequests, gifts, reimbursements, and similar funds;
(5) Reimbursement received for professional services and expenses related to professional services;
(6) Funds received to support the development of labor relations services and programs;
(7) Moneys received by the state personnel board of review pursuant to division (C) of section 124.03 of the Revised Code.
(B) The state employment relations board shall use all moneys deposited into the training, publications, and grants fund to defray all of the following:
(1) The costs of furnishing and making available copies of documents, rulebooks, and other publications;
(2) The costs of planning, organizing, and conducting training seminars;
(3) The costs associated with grant projects, innovative labor-management cooperation programs, research projects related to these grants and programs, and the advancement in professionalism of public sector relations;
(4) The professional development of state employment relations board employees;
(5) The costs of compiling clearinghouse data;
(6) The cost of producing the administrative record of the state personnel board of review.
The state employment relations board may seek, solicit, apply for, receive, and accept grants, gifts, and contributions of money, property, labor, and other things of value to be held for, used for, and applied to only the purpose for which the grants, gifts, and contributions are made, from individuals, private and public corporations, the United States or any agency thereof, the state or any agency thereof, and any political subdivision of the state, and may enter into any contract with any such public or private source in connection therewith to be held for, used for, and applied to only the purposes for which such grants are made and contracts are entered into, all subject to and in accordance with the purposes of this chapter. Any money received from the grants, gifts, contributions, or contracts shall be deposited into the training, publications, and grants fund.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 17, 2009 – House Bill 1, 128th General Assembly [ View July 17, 2009 Version ]