Section 4141.50 | SharedWork Ohio definitions.
(1) "Affected unit" means a department, shift, or other organizational unit of two or more employees that is designated by a participating employer in a shared work plan.
(2) "Approved shared work plan" means an employer's shared work plan, submitted pursuant to section 4141.51 of the Revised Code, that satisfies all of the requirements for approval under that section and that the director of job and family services has approved in writing.
(3) "Intermittent basis" means employment that is not continuous but may consist of periodic intervals of weekly work and intervals of no weekly work.
(4) "Normal weekly hours of work" means the normal hours of work in employment each week for an employee in an affected unit when that unit is operating on a full-time basis, not to exceed forty hours and not including any overtime worked.
(5) "Participating employee" means an employee whose normal weekly hours of work are reduced by the reduction percentage under an approved shared work plan.
(6) "Participating employer" means an employer who has an approved shared work plan in effect.
(7) "Reduction percentage" means the percentage by which each participating employee's normal weekly hours of work are reduced under an approved shared work plan.
(8) "Seasonal basis" has the same meaning as "seasonal employment" as defined in division (A) of section 4141.33 of the Revised Code.
(9) "Shared work compensation" means the pro rata share of unemployment compensation benefits payable to a participating employee under an approved shared work plan. "Shared work compensation" does not include unemployment compensation benefits otherwise payable to an eligible claimant who is totally or partially unemployed.
(10) "Temporary basis" means employment where an employee is expected to remain in a position for only a limited period of time or is hired by a temporary agency to fill a gap in the employer's workforce.
(B) There is hereby created the "SharedWork Ohio" program, under which an employer who participates in the program reduces the number of hours worked by the employees of the employer in lieu of layoffs.
The director may adopt rules as the director determines necessary to implement any guidance issued by the United States secretary of labor with respect to the SharedWork Ohio program.