Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 4167.16 | Appeal to court of common pleas.


(A) Any party who is adversely affected by a final order of the administrator of workers' compensation issued pursuant to division (G) of section 4167.10 or section 4167.15 of the Revised Code, and who has exhausted all administrative appeals from such order may appeal the order, within thirty days after the issuance of a final order, to the court of common pleas of Franklin county or to the court of common pleas of the county in which the alleged violation occurred. If the court finds an undue hardship to the appellant will result from the enforcement of the order pending determination of the appeal, the court may grant a suspension of the order and fix the terms thereof.

(B)(1) The court shall conduct a hearing on the appeal filed under division (A) of this section and shall give preference to all proceedings under this section over all other civil cases, irrespective of the position of the proceedings on the calendar of the court. The hearing shall proceed as in the case of a civil action, and the court shall determine the rights of the parties in accordance with the laws applicable to the action.

(2) The court shall affirm the order of the administrator if it finds, upon consideration of the record as a whole, and additional evidence as the court has admitted, that the order is supported by reliable, probative, and substantial evidence and is in accordance with law. In absence of that finding, the court shall reverse, vacate, or modify the order or make such other ruling as is supported by reliable, probative, and substantial evidence and is in accordance with law. The judgment of the court is final and conclusive, unless reversed, vacated, or modified on appeal. Any party may appeal as provided in Chapter 2505. of the Revised Code.

(C) No person who has failed to exhaust all of the administrative appeals provided in this chapter may file an appeal of a final order of the administrator under division (A) of this section.

Available Versions of this Section