Section 4169.03 | Registration of passenger tramway operators - application and fees.
(A) Before a passenger tramway operator may operate any passenger tramway in the state, the operator shall apply to the division of industrial compliance in the department of commerce, on forms prepared by it, for registration by the division. The application shall contain an inventory of the passenger tramways that the applicant intends to operate and other information as the division may reasonably require and shall be accompanied by the following annual fees:
(1) Each aerial passenger tramway, five hundred dollars;
(2) Each skimobile, two hundred dollars;
(3) Each chair lift, two hundred dollars;
(4) Each J bar, T bar, or platter pull, one hundred dollars;
(5) Each rope tow, fifty dollars;
(6) Each wire rope tow, seventy-five dollars;
(7) Each conveyor, one hundred dollars.
When an operator operates an aerial passenger tramway, a skimobile, or a chair lift during both a winter and summer season, the annual fee shall be one and one-half the above amount for the respective passenger tramway.
(B) Upon payment of the appropriate annual fees in accordance with division (A) of this section and successful completion of the inspection described in section 4169.04 of the Revised Code, the division shall issue a registration certificate to the operator. Each certificate shall remain in force until the thirtieth day of September next ensuing. The division shall renew an operator's certificate in accordance with the standard renewal procedure in Chapter 4745. of the Revised Code upon payment of the appropriate annual fees.
(C) Money received from the registration fees and from the fines collected pursuant to section 4169.99 of the Revised Code shall be paid into the state treasury to the credit of the industrial compliance operating fund created in section 121.084 of the Revised Code.
(D) No person shall operate a passenger tramway in this state unless the person has been registered by the division.
Last updated February 28, 2023 at 1:16 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 10, 2012 – House Bill 487 - 129th General Assembly [ View September 10, 2012 Version ]
- April 12, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 442 - 133rd General Assembly [ View April 12, 2021 Version ]
- December 29, 2023 – Amended by Senate Bill 131 - 134th General Assembly [ View December 29, 2023 Version ]