Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 4301.12 | Custody, safekeeping, and deposit of funds.

You are viewing a past version of this section that is no longer in effect View Current Version

The division of liquor control shall provide for the custody, safekeeping, and deposit of all moneys, checks, and drafts received by it or any of its employees or agents prior to paying them to the treasurer of state as provided by section 113.08 of the Revised Code.

A sum equal to three dollars and thirty-eight cents for each gallon of spirituous liquor sold by the division, JobsOhio, or a designee of JobsOhio during the period covered by the payment shall be paid into the state treasury to the credit of the general revenue fund. All moneys received from permit fees, except B-2a and S permit fees from B-2a and S permit holders who do not also hold A-2 permits, shall be paid to the credit of the undivided liquor permit fund established by section 4301.30 of the Revised Code.

Except as otherwise provided by law, the division shall deposit all moneys collected under Chapters 4301. and 4303. of the Revised Code into the state treasury to the credit of the state liquor regulatory fund created in section 4301.30 of the Revised Code. In addition, revenue resulting from any contracts with the department of commerce pertaining to the responsibilities and operations described in this chapter may be credited to the fund.

Whenever, in the judgment of the director of budget and management, the amount in the liquor control fund is in excess of that needed to meet the maturing obligations of the division, as working capital for its further operations, to pay the operating expenses of the commission, and for the alcohol testing program under section 3701.143 of the Revised Code, the director shall transfer the excess to the credit of the general revenue fund. If the director determines that the amount in the liquor control fund is insufficient, the director may transfer money from the general revenue fund to the liquor control fund.

Available Versions of this Section