Section 4507.112 | Third-party administration of skills test.
(A) The director of public safety may authorize a third party to administer the motor vehicle skills test specified in division (A)(2) of section 4507.11 of the Revised Code. The third party shall administer the same skills test as otherwise would be administered by the bureau of motor vehicles.
(B) For purposes of authorizing a third party to administer the motor vehicle skills test, the director and the third party shall enter into an agreement that does all of the following:
(1) Allows the director or the director's representative to conduct random examinations, inspections, and audits of the third party, whether covert or overt, without prior notice;
(2) Requires all examiners of the third party to meet the same qualification and training standards as examiners of the department of public safety;
(3) Requires the third party to use designated road test routes that have been approved by the director;
(4) If the third party also is a driver training school, prohibits a skills test examiner employed by the school from administering a skills test to an applicant that the examiner personally trained;
(5) Establishes appropriate documentation and communication between the third party and the department indicating who has attempted the skills test with the third party and whether the person completed the test successfully;
(6) Reserves to the department the right to take prompt and appropriate remedial action against the third party and its skills test examiners if the third party or its skills test examiners fail to comply with state standards for the testing program or with any other terms of the agreement.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 12, 2021 – Enacted by Senate Bill 68, 133rd General Assembly [ View April 12, 2021 Version ]