Section 4507.18 | Renewal of license or endorsement by electronic means.
(A) The registrar of motor vehicles shall permit all of the following to renew a driver's license or motorcycle operator's endorsement issued by this state by electronic means:
(1) Any person who is on active duty in the armed forces of the United States who is stationed outside of this state;
(2) The spouse of a person described in division (A)(1) of this section who is also outside of this state;
(3) The dependents of a person described in division (A)(1) of this section who are also outside of this state.
(B) The registrar shall require all of the following:
(1) That the applicant provide a digital copy of the applicant's military identification card or military dependent identification card;
(2) That any spouse or dependent applicant provide a digital copy of a form provided by the registrar demonstrating that the applicant received and passed a vision examination in accordance with the vision requirements under section 4507.12 of the Revised Code;
(3) That the applicant provide a digital copy of a current two inch by two inch color passport quality photograph with a white background to be used as the applicant's new driver's license or motorcycle operator's endorsement photograph;
(4) That the applicant provide a digital copy of any identification documents and supporting documents as required by statute or administrative rule to comply with current state and federal requirements.
(C) The registrar shall make it possible for applicants to upload and send by electronic means all required copies of supporting documents and photographs for a driver's license or motorcycle operator's endorsement renewal under this section.
(D)(1) This section does not impact a person's ability to use the exemption from the license requirements available under division (B) of section 4507.03 of the Revised Code.
(2) This section does not prevent a person who is permitted to renew a driver's license or motorcycle operator's endorsement by electronic means under this section from making an application, as provided in section 4507.10 of the Revised Code, in person at a deputy registrar office.
(E) The registrar shall adopt rules under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code to implement and administer this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 3, 2019 – Enacted by House Bill 62 - 133rd General Assembly [ View July 3, 2019 Version ]