Section 4509.51 | Requirements for owner's liability insurance.
Subject to the terms and conditions of an owner's policy, every owner's policy of liability insurance:
(A) Shall designate by explicit description or by appropriate reference all motor vehicles with respect to which coverage is thereby granted;
(B) Shall insure the person named therein and any other person, as insured, using any such motor vehicles with the express or implied permission of the insured, against loss from the liability imposed by law for damages arising out of the ownership, maintenance, or use of such vehicles within the United States or Canada, subject to monetary limits exclusive of interest and costs, with respect to each such motor vehicle, as follows:
(1) Twelve thousand five hundred dollars because of bodily injury to or death of one person in any one accident;
(2) Twenty-five thousand dollars because of bodily injury to or death of two or more persons in any one accident;
(3) Seven thousand five hundred dollars because of injury to property of others in any one accident.
Available Versions of this Section
- February 12, 2004 – House Bill 139 - 125th General Assembly [ View February 12, 2004 Version ]
- December 22, 2013 – House Bill 278 - 129th General Assembly [ View December 22, 2013 Version ]