Section 4511.30 | Driving upon left side of roadway.
(A) No vehicle or trackless trolley shall be driven upon the left side of the roadway under the following conditions:
(1) When approaching the crest of a grade or upon a curve in the highway, where the operator's view is obstructed within such a distance as to create a hazard in the event traffic might approach from the opposite direction;
(2) When the view is obstructed upon approaching within one hundred feet of any bridge, viaduct, or tunnel;
(3) When approaching within one hundred feet of or traversing any intersection or railroad grade crossing.
(B) This section does not apply to vehicles or trackless trolleys upon a one-way roadway, upon a roadway where traffic is lawfully directed to be driven to the left side, or under the conditions described in division (A)(2) of section 4511.25 of the Revised Code.
(C) Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of two or more predicate motor vehicle or traffic offenses, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 1, 2004 – Senate Bill 123 - 124th General Assembly [ View January 1, 2004 Version ]
- October 29, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 95 - 132nd General Assembly [ View October 29, 2018 Version ]