Section 4513.69 | Storage facilities; business hours; notice.
(A) The owner of a storage facility shall ensure that the facility remains open during both of the following periods of time to allow a vehicle owner or lienholder to retrieve a vehicle in the possession of the storage facility:
(2) Between nine o'clock in the morning and noon on the day after any day during which the storage facility accepted for storage a vehicle towed under section 4513.60, 4513.601, or 4513.61 of the Revised Code.
(B)(1) The owner of a storage facility that accepts for storage vehicles towed under section 4513.60, 4513.601, or 4513.61 of the Revised Code shall ensure that a notice is conspicuously posted at the entrance to the storage facility that states the telephone number at which the owner or lienholder of a vehicle may contact the owner or a representative of the storage facility for the purpose of retrieving a vehicle when the storage facility is closed. The owner of the storage facility also shall provide that telephone number to the sheriff of a county or chief of police of a municipal corporation, township, or township or joint police district. The owner of the storage facility shall ensure that a process is in place for purposes of answering calls at all times day or night.
(2) After receiving a call from the owner or lienholder of a vehicle who seeks to recover the vehicle, the owner of the storage facility shall ensure that, within three hours of receiving the phone call, a representative of the storage facility is available to release the vehicle upon being presented with proof of ownership of the vehicle, which may be evidenced by a certificate of title to the vehicle, a certificate of registration for the motor vehicle, or a lease agreement, and payment of an after-hours vehicle retrieval fee established under section 4921.25 of the Revised Code and all other applicable fees.
(C) No owner of a storage facility shall fail to comply with division (A) or (B) of this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 23, 2015 – Senate Bill 274, 130th General Assembly [ View March 23, 2015 Version ]
- July 1, 2015 – House Bill 53, 131st General Assembly [ View July 1, 2015 Version ]
- April 6, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 341, 131st General Assembly [ View April 6, 2017 Version ]
- July 3, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 62, 133rd General Assembly [ View July 3, 2019 Version ]