Section 4516.05 | Registration of vehicle; duties of program and owner.
(A) When a motor vehicle owner registers as a shared vehicle owner with a peer-to-peer car sharing program and before the shared vehicle owner makes the shared vehicle available for peer-to-peer car sharing, the program shall do all of the following:
(1) Verify that the shared vehicle does not have any outstanding safety recalls on the vehicle;
(2) Provide notice to the shared vehicle owner of the owner's responsibilities under division (B) of this section.
(B)(1) If a shared vehicle owner receives actual notice of a safety recall on the shared vehicle, the shared vehicle owner shall not make the shared vehicle available through a peer-to-peer car sharing program until the safety recall repair is made.
(2) If the shared vehicle owner receives actual notice of a safety recall on the shared vehicle after the shared vehicle is available through a peer-to-peer car sharing program but while the shared vehicle is not currently possessed by a shared vehicle driver, the shared vehicle owner shall remove the shared vehicle from availability until the safety recall repair is made.
(3) If the shared vehicle owner receives actual notice of a safety recall on the shared vehicle while the vehicle is possessed by a shared vehicle driver, the shared vehicle owner shall notify the peer-to-peer car sharing program about the safety recall, so that the car sharing period can be terminated to allow the shared vehicle owner to address the safety recall repair.
(C) The peer-to-peer car sharing program shall establish commercially reasonable procedures to determine any safety recalls that apply to a shared vehicle registered with the program after the initial registration of the shared vehicle with the program.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 15, 2020 – Enacted by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View January 15, 2020 Version ]