Section 4582.47 | Loans for acquisition and construction of facilities.
(A) With respect to facilities, and their financing, for authorized purposes, under agreements whereby the person to whom the facility is to be leased, subleased, or sold, or to whom a loan is to be made for the facility, is to make payments sufficient to pay all of the principal of, premium, if any, and interest on the port authority revenue bonds issued for the facility, the port authority, in addition to other powers under sections 4582.22 to 4582.59 of the Revised Code, may do any of the following:
(1) Make loans for the acquisition or construction of the facility to such person upon such terms as the port authority may determine or authorize including secured or unsecured loans, and, in connection therewith, enter into loan agreements and other agreements, accept notes and other forms of obligation to evidence such indebtedness and mortgages, liens, pledges, assignments, or other security interests to secure such indebtedness, which may be prior or subordinate to or on a parity with other indebtedness, obligations, mortgages, pledges, assignments, other security interests, or liens or encumbrances, and take actions it considers appropriate to protect such security and safeguard against losses, including, without limitation, foreclosure and the bidding upon and purchase of property upon foreclosure or other sale;
(2) Sell the facility under such terms as it may determine, including, without limitation, sale by conditional sale or installment sale, under which title may pass prior to or after completion of the facility or payment or provisions for payment of all principal of, premium, if any, and interest on the bonds, or at any other time provided in the agreement pertaining to the sale, and including sale under an option to purchase at a price which may be a nominal amount or less than true value at the time of purchase;
(3) Grant a mortgage, lien, or other encumbrance on, or pledge or assignment of, or other security interest with respect to, all or any part of the facility, revenues, reserve funds, or other funds established in connection with the bonds, or on, of, or with respect to any lease, sublease, sale, conditional sale or installment sale agreement, loan agreement, or other agreement pertaining to the lease, sublease, sale, or other disposition of a facility or pertaining to a loan made for a facility, or any guaranty or insurance agreement made with respect thereto, or any interest of the port authority therein, or any other interest granted, assigned, or released to secure payments of the principal of, premium, if any, or interest on the bonds or to secure any other payments to be made by the port authority, which mortgage, lien, encumbrance, pledge, assignment, or other security interest may be prior or subordinate to or on a parity with any other mortgage, assignment, or other security interest, or lien or encumbrance;
(4) Provide that the interest on the bonds may be at a variable rate or rates changing from time to time in accordance with a base or formula as authorized by the port authority;
(5) Contract for the acquisition or construction of the facility or any part thereof and for the leasing, subleasing, sale, or other disposition of the facility in a manner determined by the port authority in its sole discretion, without necessity for competitive bidding or performance bonds;
(6) Make appropriate provision for adequate maintenance of the facility.
(B) With respect to the facilities referred to in this section, the authority granted by this section is cumulative and supplementary to all other authority granted in this chapter. The authority granted by this section does not alter or impair any similar authority granted elsewhere in this chapter for or with respect to other facilities.
Available Versions of this Section
- May 17, 2000 – Senate Bill 137, 123rd General Assembly [ View May 17, 2000 Version ]