Section 4703.20 | Architect lien definitions.
(A) "Architect" means an individual, partnership, corporation, or association providing architect services pursuant to this chapter. "Architect" does not include a landscape architect registered under this chapter.
(B)(1)(a) "Commercial real estate" means any parcel of real estate in this state other than real estate containing or intended to contain one-to-four residential units.
(b) "Commercial real estate" includes any improvement made to or with regard to such a parcel.
(2) "Commercial real estate" does not include either of the following:
(a) Single-family residential units such as condominiums, townhouses, manufactured homes or industrialized units as defined in section 3781.06 of the Revised Code, or homes in a subdivision when sold, leased, or otherwise conveyed on a unit-by-unit basis, even though these units may be a part of a larger building or parcel of real estate containing more than four residential units;
(b) Real estate owned by a public authority as defined in section 1311.25 of the Revised Code.
(C) "Improvement" means all of the following:
(1) Designing, planning, constructing, erecting, altering, repairing, demolishing, removing, or providing other construction services with regard to any of the following:
(a) Any building or appurtenance thereto;
(b) A fixture, bridge, or other structure;
(c) Any gas pipeline or well, including a well drilled or constructed for the production of oil or gas.
(2) The furnishing of tile for the drainage of any lot or land;
(3) The excavation, cleanup, or removal of hazardous material or waste from real property;
(4) The enhancement or embellishment of real property by seeding, sodding, or the planting thereon of any plants;
(5) The grading or filling to establish a grade.
(D) "Owner" means a person who has a legal or equitable interest in commercial real estate, including a contingent interest, pursuant to an agreement or contract, and who enters into a written contract with an architect for services to be provided with regard to any such interest in the commercial real estate.
Last updated July 14, 2021 at 12:30 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 30, 2021 – Enacted by Senate Bill 49, 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]