Section 4707.091 | Placement of license on deposit - reacquisition - proof of financial responsibility.
(A) Prior to the expiration of an auctioneer's license, an auctioneer may submit an application to the department of agriculture, on forms provided by the department, to place the license on deposit with the department for a period not to exceed two years. Not later than fourteen days after receipt of an application under this section, the department shall accept or deny the application.
(B) If the department accepts the application, an auctioneer who has a license on deposit with the department under this section shall not act as an auctioneer while the license is on deposit. In addition, such an auctioneer shall not be required to pay an assessment under section 4707.25 of the Revised Code.
(C) An auctioneer may reacquire a license on deposit from the department if the auctioneer does all of the following prior to reacquisition:
(1) Submits a written request to the department that contains the business address and telephone number of the auctioneer;
(2) Pays a reactivation fee for the license in the following amount:
(a) In the case of an auctioneer whose license is reacquired during the first half of the biennium according to the biennial schedule established in division (A) of section 4707.10 of the Revised Code, two hundred dollars;
(b) In the case of an auctioneer whose license is reacquired during the second half of the biennium according to that biennial schedule, one hundred dollars.
(3) Pays the assessment that is levied under section 4707.25 of the Revised Code for the current year, if applicable;
(4) Provides proof of financial responsibility as required in section 4707.11 of the Revised Code, if applicable;
(5) Complies with any other requirement established in rules adopted by the director under section 4707.19 of the Revised Code.
(D) If an auctioneer, at the time of placing the auctioneer's license on deposit, has not maintained proof of financial responsibility for the entire period of time required under section 4707.11 of the Revised Code, the auctioneer, beginning at the time of reacquisition, shall maintain proof of financial responsibility for the remainder of the time required under that section.
Last updated July 7, 2022 at 2:09 PM