Section 4713.071 | Annual report.
(A) The state cosmetology and barber board shall annually submit a written report to the governor, president of the senate, and speaker of the house of representatives. The report shall list all of the following for the preceding twelve-month period:
(1) The number of students enrolled in courses at licensed public and private schools of cosmetology and barbering;
(2) The number of students graduating from licensed public and private schools of cosmetology and barbering;
(3) The annual cost for students to attend each licensed public or private school of cosmetology and barbering;
(4) The loan default rates for licensed public and private schools of cosmetology and barbering;
(5) The first-time licensure passage rate for graduates of all public and private schools of cosmetology and barbering;
(6) The total number of new and renewal licenses in each profession;
(7) The total number of complaint-driven inspections conducted by the board;
(8) The total number and type of violations, including a list of the top ten violations, which shall aid in the identification of focus areas for continuing education purposes;
(9) The twenty salons and individuals cited with the most violations for unlicensed workers;
(10) The number of adjudications or other disciplinary action taken by the board.
(B) The board shall include in the final report under division (A) of this section any recommendations it has for changes to this chapter or Chapter 4709. of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 13, 2016 – Enacted by Senate Bill 213 - 131st General Assembly [ View September 13, 2016 Version ]
- January 21, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View January 21, 2018 Version ]