Section 4713.34 | Reciprocity.
The state cosmetology and barber board shall issue a license to practice a branch of cosmetology or instructor license to an applicant who is licensed or registered in another state or country to practice that branch of cosmetology or teach the theory and practice of that branch of cosmetology, as appropriate, if all of the following conditions are satisfied:
(A) The applicant satisfies all of the following conditions:
(1) Is not less than eighteen years of age;
(2) In the case of an applicant for a practicing license, passes an examination conducted under section 4713.24 of the Revised Code for the license the applicant seeks, unless the applicant satisfies conditions specified in rules adopted under section 4713.08 of the Revised Code for the board to issue the applicant a license without taking the examination;
(3) Pays the applicable fee.
(B) At the time the applicant obtained the license or registration in the other state or country, the requirements in this state for obtaining the license the applicant seeks were substantially equal to the other state or country's requirements.
(C) The jurisdiction that issued the applicant's license or registration extends similar reciprocity to individuals holding a license issued by the board.
Last updated October 9, 2021 at 5:34 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- April 7, 2003 – House Bill 415, 124th General Assembly [ View April 7, 2003 Version ]
- September 13, 2016 – Amended by Senate Bill 213, 131st General Assembly [ View September 13, 2016 Version ]
- January 21, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View January 21, 2018 Version ]
- October 9, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 263, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 9, 2021 Version ]