Section 4713.41 | Salon requirements.
The state cosmetology and barber board shall issue a license to operate a salon, including a boutique salon, to an applicant who pays the applicable fee and affirms that all of the following conditions will be met:
(A)(1) An individual holding a current, valid cosmetologist license or boutique services registration pertaining to the branch of cosmetology services performed at the salon or boutique salon, shall have charge of and immediate supervision over the salon at all times when the salon is open for business except as permitted under division (A)(2) of this section.
(2) A business establishment that is engaged primarily in retail sales but is also licensed as a salon shall have present an individual holding a current, valid license or registration to practice in that type of salon in charge of and in immediate supervision of the salon during posted or advertised service hours, if the practice of cosmetology is restricted to those posted or advertised service hours.
(B) The salon is equipped to do all of the following:
(1) Provide potable running hot and cold water and proper drainage;
(2) Sanitize all instruments and supplies used in the branch of cosmetology provided at the salon;
(3) If cosmetic therapy, massage therapy, or other professional service is provided at the salon under section 4713.42 of the Revised Code, sanitize all instruments and supplies used in the cosmetic therapy, massage therapy, or other professional service.
(C) Except as provided in sections 4713.42 and 4713.49 of the Revised Code, only the branch of cosmetology that the salon is licensed to provide is practiced at the salon.
(D) The salon is kept in a clean and sanitary condition and properly ventilated.
(E) No food is sold at the salon in a manner inconsistent with rules adopted under section 4713.08 of the Revised Code.
(F) A notice that contains a toll-free number and online process for reporting alleged violations of this chapter, as prescribed by the board of cosmetology, is posted at the salon in a common area for all customers of salon services.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 7, 2003 – House Bill 415 - 124th General Assembly [ View April 7, 2003 Version ]
- September 13, 2016 – Amended by Senate Bill 213 - 131st General Assembly [ View September 13, 2016 Version ]
- January 21, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View January 21, 2018 Version ]