Section 4715.363 | Application for permit; Dental hygienist.
(A) A dental hygienist who desires to participate in the oral health access supervision program shall apply to the state dental board for a permit to practice under the oral health access supervision of a dentist. The application shall be under oath, on a form prescribed by the board in rules adopted under section 4715.372 of the Revised Code, and accompanied by an application fee of twenty-five dollars, which may be paid by credit card.
(B) The applicant shall provide evidence satisfactory to the board that the applicant has done all of the following:
(1) Completed at least one year and attained a minimum of one thousand five hundred hours of experience in the practice of dental hygiene;
(2) Completed at least twenty-four hours of continuing dental hygiene education during the two years prior to submission of the application;
(3) Completed a course pertaining to the practice of dental hygiene under the oral health access supervision of a dentist that meets standards established in rules adopted under section 4715.372 of the Revised Code;
(4) Completed, during the two years prior to submission of the application, a course pertaining to the identification and prevention of potential medical emergencies that is the same as the course described in division (C)(2) of section 4715.22 of the Revised Code.
(C) The state dental board shall issue a permit to practice under the oral health access supervision of a dentist to a dental hygienist who is in good standing with the board and meets all of the requirements of divisions (A) and (B) of this section.
Last updated February 28, 2023 at 2:07 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- August 31, 2010 – House Bill 190 - 128th General Assembly [ View August 31, 2010 Version ]
- March 23, 2015 – House Bill 463 - 130th General Assembly [ View March 23, 2015 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- December 29, 2023 – Amended by Senate Bill 131 - 134th General Assembly [ View December 29, 2023 Version ]