Section 4715.62 | Application to register as expanded function dental auxiliary.
(A) Each individual seeking to register with the state dental board as an expanded function dental auxiliary shall file with the secretary of the board a written application for registration, under oath, on a form the board shall prescribe and provide. An applicant shall include with the completed application all of the following:
(1) An application fee of twenty dollars;
(2) Proof satisfactory to the board that the applicant has successfully completed, at an educational institution accredited by the commission on dental accreditation of the American dental association or the higher learning commission of the north central association of colleges and schools, the education or training specified by the board in rules adopted under section 4715.66 of the Revised Code as the education or training that is necessary to obtain registration under this chapter to practice as an expanded function dental auxiliary, as evidenced by a diploma or other certificate of graduation or completion that has been signed by an appropriate official of the accredited institution that provided education or training;
(3) Proof satisfactory to the board that the applicant has passed an examination that meets the standards established by the board in rules adopted under section 4715.66 of the Revised Code to be accepted by the board as an examination of competency to practice as an expanded function dental auxiliary;
(4) Proof that the applicant holds current certification to perform basic life-support procedures, evidenced by documentation showing the successful completion of a basic life-support training course certified by the American red cross, the American heart association, or the American safety and health institute.
(B) If an applicant complies with division (A) of this section, the board shall register the applicant as an expanded function dental auxiliary.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 6, 2009 – Senate Bill 279 - 127th General Assembly [ View January 6, 2009 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- December 29, 2023 – Amended by Senate Bill 131 - 134th General Assembly [ View December 29, 2023 Version ]