Section 4715.66 | Rules governing expanded function dental auxiliaries.
(A) The state dental board shall adopt rules as the board considers necessary to implement and administer sections 4715.61 to 4715.64 of the Revised Code. The rules shall be adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(B) In adopting rules under this section, all of the following apply:
(1) The board shall adopt rules specifying the education or training necessary for an individual to register as an expanded function dental auxiliary under this chapter.
(2) The board shall adopt rules specifying the standards that must be met for an examination to be accepted by the board as an examination of competency to practice as an expanded function dental auxiliary. In specifying the standards, the board shall provide that an examination will be accepted only if the entity that administered the examination required an individual to be one of the following as a condition of admission to the examination:
(a) An unlicensed dentist who has graduated from an accredited dental college, as specified in section 4715.10 of the Revised Code, and does not have a dental license under suspension or revocation by the board;
(b) A dental student who is enrolled in an accredited dental college, as specified in section 4715.10 of the Revised Code, and is considered by the dean of the college to be in good standing as a dental student;
(c) A graduate of a dental college located outside of the United States;
(d) A dental assistant who is certified by the dental assisting national board or the Ohio commission on dental assistant certification;
(e) A dental hygienist licensed under this chapter whose license is in good standing;
(f) An unlicensed dental hygienist who has graduated from an accredited dental hygiene school, as specified in section 4715.21 of the Revised Code, and does not have a dental hygienist license under suspension or revocation by the board.
(3) The board may adopt rules specifying procedures an expanded function dental auxiliary may perform that are in addition to the procedures specified in divisions (A)(1) and (2) of section 4715.64 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- May 12, 2006 – House Bill 143 - 126th General Assembly [ View May 12, 2006 Version ]
- March 23, 2015 – House Bill 463 - 130th General Assembly [ View March 23, 2015 Version ]
- March 23, 2022 – Amended by Senate Bill 166 - 134th General Assembly [ View March 23, 2022 Version ]