Section 4723.435 | Written policies regarding nurse anesthetists.
(A) A written policy adopted by a health care facility as described in section 4723.434 of the Revised Code shall establish standards and procedures to be followed by certified registered nurse anesthetists when performing one or more of the following activities in the health care facility:
(1) Selecting, ordering, and administering treatments, drugs, and intravenous fluids;
(2) Ordering diagnostic tests and evaluating those tests;
(3) Directing registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and respiratory therapists to perform activities as described in division (A)(3) of section 4723.434 of the Revised Code.
(B) In adopting a policy, both of the following apply:
(1) The health care facility shall not authorize a certified registered nurse anesthetist to select, order, or administer any drug that a supervising physician, podiatrist, or dentist is not authorized to prescribe.
(2) The health care facility shall allow a supervising physician, podiatrist, or dentist to issue every order related to a patient's anesthesia care.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 27, 2020 – Enacted by House Bill 197 - 133rd General Assembly [ View March 27, 2020 Version ]