Section 4723.488 | Access to drug database required for license renewal.
(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, in the case of a license holder who is seeking renewal of a license to practice nursing as an advanced practice registered nurse and who prescribes opioid analgesics or benzodiazepines, as defined in section 3719.01 of the Revised Code, the holder shall certify to the board whether the holder has been granted access to the drug database established and maintained by the state board of pharmacy pursuant to section 4729.75 of the Revised Code.
(B) The requirement in division (A) of this section does not apply if any of the following is the case:
(1) The state board of pharmacy notifies the board of nursing pursuant to section 4729.861 of the Revised Code that the license holder has been restricted from obtaining further information from the drug database.
(2) The state board of pharmacy no longer maintains the drug database.
(3) The license holder does not practice nursing in this state.
(C) If a license holder certifies to the board of nursing that the holder has been granted access to the drug database and the board finds through an audit or other means that the holder has not been granted access, the board may take action under section 4723.28 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 11, 2014 – House Bill 170, 130th General Assembly [ View March 11, 2014 Version ]
- July 16, 2015 – House Bill 4, 131st General Assembly [ View July 16, 2015 Version ]
- April 6, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 216, 131st General Assembly [ View April 6, 2017 Version ]
- December 16, 2020 – House Bill 341, 133rd General Assembly [ View December 16, 2020 Version ]