Section 4723.52 | Failure to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Community addiction services provider" has the same meaning as in section 5119.01 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Medication-assisted treatment" has the same meaning as in section 340.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) An advanced practice registered nurse shall comply with section 3719.064 of the Revised Code and rules adopted under section 4723.51 of the Revised Code when treating a patient for addiction with medication-assisted treatment or proposing to initiate such treatment.
(C) An advanced practice registered nurse who fails to comply with this section shall treat not more than thirty patients at any one time with medication-assisted treatment even if the facility or location at which the treatment is provided is either of the following:
(1) Exempted by divisions (B)(2)(a) to (d) or (i) of section 4729.553 of the Revised Code from being required to possess a category III terminal distributor of dangerous drugs license with an office-based opioid treatment classification;
(2) A community addiction services provider that provides alcohol and drug addiction services that are certified by the department of mental health and addiction services under section 5119.36 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2017 – Enacted by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- March 20, 2019 – Amended by Senate Bill 119 - 132nd General Assembly [ View March 20, 2019 Version ]
- December 16, 2020 – Amended by House Bill 341 - 133rd General Assembly [ View December 16, 2020 Version ]