Section 4727.18 | Confidentiality.
(A) Except as provided in division (C) of this section, any information arising from, obtained by, or contained in an investigation of a person licensed as a pawnbroker under this chapter performed by the superintendent of financial institutions is confidential information and is not a public record under section 149.43 of the Revised Code.
(B) Except as provided in division (C) of this section, any information arising from, obtained by, or contained in an investigation by the superintendent of any person the superintendent reasonably suspects has violated or is violating this chapter is confidential information and not a public record under section 149.43 of the Revised Code.
(C) Information made confidential by division (A) or (B) of this section may only be disclosed, discovered, or introduced into evidence as follows:
(1) To a law enforcement agency;
(2) In connection with criminal proceedings;
(3) In any action taken or litigation by or against the superintendent in connection with the powers, duties, and obligations imposed upon the superintendent by this chapter;
(4) When and in the manner authorized in section 1181.25 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- June 18, 2002 – Senate Bill 138, 124th General Assembly [ View June 18, 2002 Version ]