Section 4735.15 | Nonrefundable fees.
(A) The nonrefundable fees for reactivation or transfer of a license shall be as follows:
(1) Reactivation or transfer of a broker's license into or out of a partnership, association, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or corporation or from one partnership, association, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or corporation to another partnership, association, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or corporation, thirty-four dollars. An application for such transfer shall be made to the superintendent of real estate on forms provided by the superintendent.
(2) Reactivation or transfer of a license by a real estate salesperson, thirty-four dollars.
(B) Except as may otherwise be specified pursuant to division (F) of this section or any rules adopted by the Ohio real estate commission pursuant to division (A)(2)(b) of section 4735.10 of the Revised Code, the nonrefundable fees are as follows for each licensing period:
(1) Branch office license, twenty dollars;
(2) Renewal of a three-year real estate broker's license, two hundred forty-three dollars. If the licensee is a partnership, association, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or corporation, the full broker's renewal fee shall be required for each member of such partnership, association, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or corporation that is a real estate broker. If the real estate broker has not less than eleven nor more than twenty real estate salespersons associated with the broker, an additional fee of sixty-four dollars shall be assessed to the brokerage. For every additional ten real estate salespersons or fraction of that number, the brokerage assessment fee shall be increased in the amount of thirty-seven dollars.
(3) Renewal of a three-year real estate salesperson's license, one hundred eighty-two dollars;
(4) Renewal of a real estate broker's or salesperson's license filed within twelve months after the licensee's renewal date, an additional late filing penalty of fifty per cent of the required three-year fee;
(5) Foreign real estate dealer's license and each renewal of the license, thirty dollars per salesperson employed by the dealer, but not less than two hundred three dollars;
(6) Foreign real estate salesperson's license and each renewal of the license, sixty-eight dollars.
(C) All fees collected under this section shall be paid to the treasurer of state. One dollar of each such fee shall be credited to the real estate education and research fund, except that for fees that are assessed only once every three years, three dollars of each triennial fee shall be credited to the real estate education and research fund.
(D) In all cases, the fee and any penalty shall accompany the application for the license, license transfer, or license reactivation or shall accompany the filing of the renewal.
(E) The commission may establish by rule reasonable fees for services not otherwise established by this chapter.
(F) The commission may adopt rules that provide for a reduction in the fees established in divisions (B)(2) and (3) of this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2011 – House Bill 153, 129th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2011 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]
- September 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 110, 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]