Section 4735.58 | When disclosure statements to be provided.
(A)(1) A licensee who is a purchaser's agent or a seller's subagent working with a purchaser shall present the agency disclosure statement described in section 4735.57 of the Revised Code to the purchaser and request the purchaser to sign and date the statement no later than the preparation of an offer to purchase or lease, or a written request for a proposal to lease. The licensee shall deliver the statement signed by the purchaser to the seller's agent, or to the seller if the seller is not represented by an agent. Prior to presenting the seller with either a written offer to purchase or lease, or a written request for a proposal to lease, the seller's agent, or the purchaser's agent if the seller is not represented by an agent, shall present the agency disclosure statement to the seller and request the seller to sign and date the statement.
(2) A licensee shall indicate the accurate agency relationship on the agency disclosure statement.
(B) A licensee selling property at auction shall, prior to the auction, verbally disclose to the audience that the licensee represents the seller in the real estate transaction. The licensee shall provide the agency disclosure statement described in section 4735.57 of the Revised Code to the successful bidder prior to the bidder's signing a purchase contract.
(C) Evidence that a licensee has failed to comply with this section constitutes prima-facie evidence of misconduct in violation of division (A)(6) of section 4735.18 of the Revised Code.
(D) The disclosure requirements of this section do not apply in any of the following situations:
(1) The rental or leasing of residential premises as defined in section 5321.01 of the Revised Code, if the rental or lease agreement can be performed in eighteen months or less;
(2) The referral of a prospective purchaser or seller to another licensee;
(3) Transactions involving the sale, lease, or exchange of foreign real estate as defined in division (E) of section 4735.01 of the Revised Code;
(4) Transactions involving the sale of a cemetery lot or a cemetery interment right.
(E) The licensee is obligated to perform all duties imposed on a real estate agent at common law except to the extent the duties are inconsistent with the duties prescribed in this chapter or are otherwise modified by agreement.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2011 – House Bill 153, 129th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2011 Version ]